Monday 5 January 2015

Traditions and Customs of the Holiday season 
Winter is a desolate time of the year. It's a cold season with death around every corner. But even in this bleak time, there can still be life and happiness. Christmas is a wonderful holiday, taking place in winter. There are many ways to celebrate Christmas and many more traditions surrounding it as well. In my house we celebrate Christmas by doing various activities. Previous years we would get a real Christmas tree, but now we are starting to us a fake one. Usually my Mom, my sister and me decorate the inside of the house as well as the tree. 
My dad puts up the lights around the outside of the house. On Christmas day we have a big dinner including a turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and Yorksha-pudding. There are many presents to open under the tree. 
If were lucky and it snows; my sister and me play in the snow. Those are some of the traditions that my family does. 

Here is a link to a delicious cinnamon recipe:    
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/ooey-gooey-cinnamon-buns/  


                

No comments:

Post a Comment